At Apex Plumbing Pros, we've gained a reputation for being the go-to drain cleaning company in Upper Arlington. Properly running drains increase the lifespan of your appliances and attached plumbing systems. Frequent clogs damage your pipes, making it important to keep drains clean and clog-free. Our plumbers identify the source of clogged drains, clear the clog and provide options to help reduce or eliminate future malfunctions.
Upper Arlington's Top Drain Cleaning Services
Clogs happen when debris mashes together in the drainpipe, forming a blockage. Debris might include hair, food, soap, lotions, toilet paper, and anything else that goes down the drain. When you run the dishwasher, food particles funnel into the drain system, along with grease. When you take a shower, hair, skin, and bathing products all wash down the drain. Regular drain cleaning services help keep those drains running clear and quick, regardless of what washes down.
Most Common Causes of Clogged Drains
- Hair: Hair is a significant cause of drain backups because it binds with grease and other sticky material to form knotted clumps that are difficult to remove.
- Soap: You may wonder how soap can contribute to blocked drains, but the fact is that some soaps are made with grease or fat, which combines with minerals in the water to clog your pipes.
- Dirt: While the purpose of washing clothes is to remove dirt, you can spare yourself some aggravation by removing as much loose dirt and mud as possible before putting your clothes in the washing machine. Doing this will prevent the dirt from accumulating and forming clogs.
- Food Waste: Many people make the mistake of putting food waste and debris down the drain instead of putting it in the trash or on a compost pile. Food waste, coffee grounds, and tea leaves don’t break down and solidify over time to cause significant blockages.
- Minerals: If your water has a high mineral content, these dissolved substances can quickly build up over time, causing drains to become slow and eventually stop.
- Toilet Paper: If you’re one of those people who insists on using a lot of toilet paper, remember that too much going down the drain at one time can cause a blockage.
Drain cleaning services include clearing clogged drains, but you don't need to wait for standing water to scrub your pipes. At Apex Plumbing Pros, we use gentle and effective methods to clean your pipes on the inside. Hydro Jetting is a great way to scrub away any build-up without doing any damage. We also use drain snakes to break up particularly stubborn clogs before doing a high-pressure cleaning. Experts often recommend staying away from chemical cleaners since many formulas may damage pipes.
Expert Help with Clogged Drains
At Apex Plumbing Pros, we know you can't schedule an emergency. That's why our plumbers are on-call for when you need us most. When you need help, there's always someone to answer the phone at Apex Plumbing Pros. For drain cleaning services, we offer annual maintenance plans to help keep your drains in optimal condition. Our expert plumbers constantly work to learn about new and exciting plumbing technology, so you get the best solutions out there. With every job, we start by drawing up a free, no-obligation estimate, so you know exactly what to expect and the total cost. Transparent pricing is always our goal, along with customer satisfaction.
Contact Apex Plumbing Pros now to schedule an appointment with a professional drain cleaning company in Upper Arlington!