Modern electrical systems can function for years without any problems, but without maintenance, hidden issues can lead to serious damage. Maintenance is all about prevention. At Apex, our qualified and experienced electricians provide inspections and test wires, fixtures, and breakers in Columbus, OH, area homes to ensure they are working properly. Our team can address any electrical issue on the spot. Whether local regulations require inspections, you’re purchasing a new home, or your electrical system hasn’t been checked in a while, we’re ready to help.
Benefits of Electrical Maintenance
There are many reasons to schedule electrical maintenance. Most electrical components are out of sight, so homeowners often don’t think about them. Neglect can lead to serious problems, especially when it comes to your electrical system. Here are some of the benefits of scheduling maintenance
- Improved Safety: Regular maintenance enhances the safety of electrical systems. Without it, a malfunctioning outlet or switch can cause a shock, or a faulty wire can trigger a spark and a fire.
- Prevention of Electrical Failures: Maintenance can prevent unexpected issues and increase the lifespan of electrical wiring, fixtures, outlets, and appliances. Therefore, an outage can be avoided, as can the costs of repairing or replacing equipment.
- Energy Efficiency: An electrical problem can cause the system to drain energy. A well-maintained system operates more efficiently, especially when developing issues are corrected in time. This can help lower your electricity bills.
Importance of Professional Maintenance
Electrical systems and components are complex and require training and experience to work with. At Apex, our technicians are trained to use the latest tools and maintenance methods. They are also committed to providing high-quality service while being professional and courteous. You can always expect 5-star service, while all work is covered by our satisfaction guarantee. We are a BBB-accredited company, top-rated by HomeAdvisor, and have received Angi’s Super Service Award.
Our Electrical Maintenance Services
Apex provides a wide range of electrical maintenance services in the Columbus area. When inspecting and testing electrical systems and equipment, we use the most advanced tools available. Evaluating an electrical system requires a trained eye to spot issues and technology, including sensitive voltage testers, multimeters, and thermal imaging equipment, to identify issues with equipment and connections. We aim to catch problems as early as possible and permanently resolve them.
Our technicians can replace wiring, connectors, outlets, switches, circuit breakers, and even breaker panels. Our team also assists in backup generator maintenance. They make sure it’s not sitting idle and there are no problems with fuel filters, batteries, or electrical connections. Proper inspection and testing ensure the system will provide a smooth transition to backup power if necessary.
Apex follows the latest standards and nationally and locally accepted electrical codes when performing electrical maintenance.
Signs That Maintenance Is Needed
For some properties, especially commercial and industrial facilities, annual maintenance is required. Depending on your needs, we can also provide biannual maintenance or customize a maintenance schedule for your home (which can be every three to five years if all is well). Here are some common symptoms it’s time to schedule electrical maintenance now:
- Malfunctioning Outlets: If there’s a burning plastic smell, call us to inspect your electrical outlets. Discoloration of the outlet cover plate, an outlet that feels hot, or seeing sparks when you plug in a device or turn it on means it’s time to call an electrician.
- Strange Sounds: Buzzing, hissing, or crackling sounds from any electrical fitting or appliance in your house indicate an electrical overload or an imminent failure. Even high-voltage bulbs and equipment should work silently.
- Shocks/Tingling Sensations: Call for help if you get a shock, tingling sensation, or a vibrating feeling in your hands when you touch a switch. It means there’s a faulty connection.
- Flickering Lights: If the lights in your home flicker or become dimmer, there may be a connection or wiring problem and, most certainly, an overload.
- Tripping Circuit Breakers: If a circuit breaker trips over and over again, either an overload hasn’t been resolved or there is faulty or damaged wiring.
If any of these issues occur, be proactive. Contact Apex for prompt service and a professional solution.
Frequently Asked Questions about Electrical Maintenance
What do electricians check during maintenance?
Our team checks electrical panels, circuit breakers, electrical meters, ground fault circuit interrupters, arc fault circuit interrupters, and voltage regulators. They also inspect lights and light fixtures, generators, alarms, telecommunications equipment, and surge protection systems.
What type of electrician performs maintenance?
A Master Electrician has the experience to maintain electrical wiring and other components. A Journeyman is licensed and is qualified for some types of electrical work, while an Apprentice must work under the supervision of a higher-ranking technician.
What are the most common issues found during electrical maintenance?
Loose connections and exposure to moisture account for about half of all electrical failures. Other issues we often find include defective components, improper installation, exposed wiring, overloaded circuits, or issues related to dust, dirt, or foreign objects.
How long should my electrical system last?
Most types of electrical equipment can last 20 to 30 years. The more proactive you are with maintenance, the longer an electrical system can serve your needs.
What are the main types of electrical maintenance?
Corrective maintenance entails identifying, isolating, and repairing a fault that has already occurred or is in progress. Predictive maintenance is an evaluation of equipment to determine if it’s at risk of failure. However, predictive maintenance performed at regular intervals is intended to ensure equipment is working properly and doesn’t break down unexpectedly.
Contact Apex for Electrical Maintenance
We provide high-quality, professional electrical maintenance services in Columbus to improve safety and prevent issues. Electrical system maintenance should be a priority for every property owner. Our team checks wiring, electrical distribution equipment, and all major components and fixtures. To learn about promotions, discounts, and other opportunities to save or schedule electrical maintenance at your convenience, contact us online or call (614) 585-8814.