If you are considering replacing your traditional hot water heater or building a new home, you may be looking for reliable, reputable plumbers for tankless water heater installation in Columbus. Our skilled plumbers at Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros can not only install your new tankless water heater, they are also professional experts when it comes to tankless water heater repair. Nearly any issue or problem that arises with the appliance in the future, just contact our friendly team at Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros, and we will fix it.
We also install and replace water heater in:
- Grove City
- Upper Arlington
- And Surrounding Areas
If your water bills are going up and you don’t know why call us and ask if our water leak detection service can pinpoint the issue. Trust The Pros Who knows!
Tankless Water Heater Installation in Columbus
Modern technology has updated nearly every category of products and methods that impact our daily lives. Home improvement is certainly no exception. Traditional workhorse appliances and tools are being replaced with high-tech gadgets that work with a code or mere voice command. While these modern inventions can be intimidating at times, most of them do boast an important advantage, and that is efficiency. Traditional tank water heaters, compared with their modern counterparts, tankless water heaters, are a good example of how today's home investments are conserving energy use and ultimately cutting back on utility costs in the long run. A tankless water heater, unlike a water heater with a tank attached, heats water on demand, as the household needs it, rather than the appliance keeping a tank full of water heated at all times, and replenishes the tank as the household uses it. Although the actual mechanics are a bit more complicated than that, it is already obvious the traditional model uses quite a bit more energy than simply heating the amount of water needed, only when it is needed.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
Tankless water heaters or on-demand water heaters as they’re sometimes called, offer the benefit of instant hot water for as long as you need it. Unlike tank-style water heaters that store water in a tank and heat it up until it’s ready for use, a tankless water heater heats water as it comes into the system on an as-needed basis.
When you turn on the tap, cold water flows from the outside through a pipe and into the unit where it’s super-heated by either a gas burner or electric heating element. The upside to this system is that you never run out of hot water and don’t have to wait for a storage tank to fill up once you’ve depleted the supply.
Tankless Water Heater Benefits
Tankless water heaters are gaining popularity here in the US. If you’re still on the fence about installing one of these devices, check out the following benefits.
- Energy Efficiency: A traditional water heater heats water continuously in a storage tank, which means it’s using energy even when you’re not using it. Tankless water heaters only heat the water as needed, making them more efficient and saves you money on your energy bill.
- Longer Lifespan: While the average tank-style water heater lasts about 10 years, tankless water heaters can last up to 20 years if they’re properly maintained.
- Unlimited Hot Water: If you have a large family or high hot water needs, a tankless water heater will never run out like a tank-style water heater can since they heat water instantly as it comes into the unit.
- Saves Space: Typical tank water heaters hold between 40 and 60 gallons of water and measure up to 60 inches tall and 24 inches wide, which means they take up a significant amount of space. If space is a premium in your home, a tankless water heater is much smaller and can fit in a closet.
- Less Maintenance: Water tanks require routine maintenance to keep them running efficiently and to extend their lifespan as long as possible. However, on-demand water heaters require very little maintenance. Depending on the water quality coming into your home, the typical system can run up to five years without maintenance.
If having instant hot water for as long as you want sounds right for you, call the experts at Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros today for a consultation.
Expert Tankless Water Heater Repair
Although tankless water heaters are less prone to malfunctioning than older tank versions, different factors are at play in each client situation, so issues concerning the appliance can arise. Understandably, you will want to choose a plumber who is certified and well trained in up-to-date appliances and fixtures. At Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros, our professional team have the knowledge, updated training, and experience to get any model or brand of tankless water heater operating smoothly and efficiently again.
Signs You Need Tankless Water Heater Repair
At Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros, we know how reliable and long-lasting tankless water heaters can be. However, like any appliance, they can experience problems too. Here are the most common signs that your tankless system needs repairing or replacing.
- Sudden Change in Water Quality: If the water coming out of the tap is suddenly cloudy, rusty, or filled with sediment, it’s a sign that you have a severe problem on your hands. If you check with your water supplier and find out they’re not the culprit, call a plumbing expert immediately.
- Foul Odor or Taste: If your water suddenly develops a metallic or other unusual taste, or if it begins to stink, it could be that metal is getting into the water supply. Consuming high levels of iron can be dangerous, so it’s crucial that you seek a repair service right away.
- Water Heater Makes Strange Noises: The tankless water heater is designed to operate in near silence, so if you notice yours is making a banging sound, it could be that sediment has built up in the system and needs to be flushed out.
- Warning Messages: Most modern tankless water heaters display warning messages telling you that something is wrong with the system. It’s imperative that you don’t ignore these warning signs and call a professional for a check-up ASAP.
Give us a call today at Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have or schedule an appointment for your tankless water heater installation in Columbus.