Are you thinking about garbage disposal replacement in Columbus, OH? If your unit has started to fail more and more often, or you'd like to find out about the more efficient models available today, we'd love to help. Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros is a household name around the local area and for a good reason! We provide professional services and amazing value in the same package. We'll also supply you with a garbage disposal unit that gives you years of reliable performance.
Whether it’s a new fixture installation, garbage disposal installation, or repairing a leaky faucet, there are likely many things in your kitchen that can be improved. At Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros, our expert plumbers work with virtually every make and model and recommend the best appliances to reduce the time you spend cooking and cleaning up. Call us today for an estimate!
Trusted Garbage Disposal Replacement in Columbus
You can depend on us to provide outstanding garbage disposal replacement in Columbus. Whether you are looking for help choosing a new system or you have bought a new system and need it to be installed, we can help. Our highly skilled plumbers have years of experience when it comes to garbage disposal replacement and repair and will ensure your new system is installed to the highest possible standard. If your existing system has been letting you down, or it's leaking, it could be time for a replacement. We would be delighted to provide you with a cost-effective estimate to consider. We always give you a fair and fixed upfront cost.
You'll never have to worry about hidden charges or any other nasty surprises on your final bill. Our team won't ever try to sell you something you don't want or need, either. Honest and simple advice is what you can expect when you come to Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros for garbage disposal repair or replacement. Call our friendly and helpful team now to tell us more about your unit and we'll tell you how we can help.
Here are some of the garbage disposal problems we can deal with:
- Jammed up gears
- An unresponsive system
- Screeching noises
- Burnt out motors
4 Signs You Need Kitchen Sink Replacement
You can extend the lifespan of your kitchen appliances by performing routine maintenance on them; however, no matter how diligent you are, eventually, these things wear out and require replacing. Here are the four most common signs that it’s time to spring for a new kitchen sink.
- Decreased Water Flow: When the water coming out of your sink flows to a trickle, it could be that the inner pipes are corroded and leaking somewhere deep in the system.
- Frequent Clogs & Backups: Consider all of the hair, grease, food waste, and debris that goes down your drains every day, and it’s no wonder people experience clogs. However, a sink that frequently backs up indicates a bigger problem that requires the help of a pro.
- Physical Damage: While tiny cracks in your sink aren’t a big deal, they can quickly become worse and cause water to seep under the porcelain, which creates holes in your sink.
- Rusty Tap: Through everyday use, water eventually wears down the protection on your pipes, which can lead to corrosion and rust. When rust gets into your water, it can be dangerous to drink.
Common Causes of Kitchen Sink Clogs
Your kitchen sink is one of the most used sinks in the house. Because of the heavy workload put on it, it’s only a matter of time before it clogs. A clogged kitchen sink can go from being a minor annoyance to a major problem if you don’t deal with it quickly. Here are the most common causes of kitchen sink clogs so you can know how to prevent them.
Perhaps the most common cause of sink clogs in the kitchen is food waste going down the drain. Foods like beans, rice, pasta, and cereal often expand when mixed with water and become paste-like after sitting in the drain for some time. The best thing to do is scrape as much food waste into the trash as you can before washing your dishes.
Another common culprit for sink clogs is grease. Like certain foods, grease and fat may easily go down the drain; however, over time they solidify and collect particles, which eventually leads to a clog. Like food waster, don’t pour grease, oil, or fat down the drain; put those substances into the trash instead.
If you have young children in the house then it’s just a matter of time before something like a small toy finds its way into the drain.
It’s tempting to think that pouring coffee grounds down the drain won’t pose a problem, but like the other food items we mentioned, coffee grounds grow heavier when mixed with water, which will cause a clog if you do this consistently. Dispose of coffee grounds in the trash or consider making a compost heap in your yard for these and other food waste.
If you’ve tried everything but still can’t get your sink to drain quickly, call Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros for help.
Do You Need a New Garbage Disposal?
Despite their usefulness, many people still don’t think they can benefit from a garbage disposal installation. However, there are many benefits you may have not considered, including:
- Odor Elimination: Using a garbage disposal helps reduce the food waste and the odor that comes with it from accumulating in your plumbing.
- Reduces Clogs: While garbage disposals don’t handle every kind of food waste, they’re good at most things, which helps reduce the number of clogs you’ll have to deal with.
- Helps the Environment: The less garbage you throw away, the less that ends up in a landfill, which is more environmentally friendly.
- Saves Time: Because garbage disposals make pitching waste quick and easy, you spend less time cleaning up after meals, which leaves you more time to do the things you’d rather be doing.
Call Us For Reliable Garbage Disposal Repair
There are many reasons you might want to consider garbage disposal replacement or repair. If your system is unresponsive and refusing to switch on, we'll be there. Or if you've noticed that there is a foul smell from your unit, it could be time to check the plumbing. No matter what type of garbage disposal repair you put our way we'll ensure you get the best service possible at all times. Our professional plumbers are always on hand to help, whether you need emergency repairs or a routine inspection. We've chosen some of the most reliable garbage disposal systems for our range to ensure you get a unit that doesn't let you down. Today's systems are much more efficient than yesterday's systems and will take care of kitchen waste in a flash. Let us show you what a difference a new system could make.
Speak to the team at Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros today to find out why we're a leading name for garbage disposal replacement in Columbus today. We'll have your system working perfectly again before you know it.