Repairing or replacing the main water line is an expensive, involved project and certainly not one that the average DIY handyman can tackle. At Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros, our expert technicians have decades of experience in main water line repair and water pipe installation. We guarantee our work and give free, no-obligation estimates.
Contact us whenever you need expert plumbing services in the Columbus Metropolitan area. Trust the Pros Who Knows!
Signs You Need Water Main Repairs
When you have a plumbing issue, it’s usually a single pipe that’s to blame. However, if you have severe backups, clogs, or leaks, it might be trouble with the main water line. Main water line repair and replacement are best left to the pros. Watch out for these signs that say there’s trouble in your main water line.
- Pooling Water in the Yard: Pools of water in the yard often mean that you have a leak or break in your main water line. When water leaks from this pipe, it usually has nowhere to go but up.
- Decreased Water Pressure: If your normally decent water pressure suddenly decreases, it could be a break in the main water pipe.
- Spiking Water Bills: Your water bill should remain fairly consistent, so be sure to call a plumber if it goes up for no reason.
- Foundation Cracks: Persistent moisture around your home’s foundation eventually leads to cracks, which can compromise the foundation if not fixed ASAP.
- Gurgling Sounds: If you hear gurgling sounds coming from the toilets or when you turn on your sink, it means you have a plumbing problem.
If you suspect you have a break or leak in your main water line, don’t delay! Call the water main repair experts at Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros today.
Consider This Before Replacing Your Main Water Line
Replacing a main water pipe is often expensive and destructive to your yard and landscaping. If you’re wavering between repairing or replacing your main water line, consider these points.
Sometimes, repairing the main water line is only a temporary solution. Homes built before 1960 often used galvanized steel for their main water lines. Galvanized steel is now banned in many states for new construction projects. The problem with these pipes is they’re typically corroded and in poor shape today, which means replacing them is the sensible option.
Also, consider how old the line is; if it’s over 40 years old, you’re better off-putting in a new pipe instead of patching up the old one.
Lastly, keep in mind that today, plumbers have various technologies at their disposal that minimize the excavation required to fix or replace main water lines. Often, they can perform repairs on sections of the pipe without disturbing your lawn or landscape.
If you’re having issues with your home’s main water line and don’t know what to do, contact us for an inspection and consultation.
Our sewer video inspection service locates problems quickly and makes repairs easier.
Why Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros?
At Apex Plumbing, Heating, and Air Pros, we believe that every customer deserves the highest quality work at the best price. We offer a 5-star satisfaction guarantee and no-obligation estimates. Our pricing is competitive, and our plumbers have decades of combined experience. Contact us for your next plumbing project!